Friday, August 20, 2010

Random Reflections

I am a puritan in mind & heart and harmless in thought and action, simpleton in mundane ways and human standards. I never smoked, nor drank any hard liquor so far in my life despite occasional humiliation. Even in wildest of my dreams I don’t think of doing harm to others, even to species like insects what to talk of humans and especially those who work with me on a day-to-day basis. But if someone had ever thought and spoken ill of me behind my back and tried to do injustice towards anyone in a given set-up or workplace, I don’t care how big or small he may be in status and position but try to fight tooth and nail for justice and fair play irrespective of consequences – in the short run or long term.
My principled way of living was misunderstood by many in the surroundings. I knew what they were doing and talking but I deliberately ignored them on account of their ignorance and the purpose for which they were living, different from that of mine. Some including powerful politicians, seniors and juniors in bureaucracy thought I was arrogant, egoistic, greedy, head-weighted, impractical and secluded. Well, if that is their assessment, leave it to them to introspect and correct their own views at the appropriate time.
Perhaps, it is no exaggeration, India has lost another Vivekananda in me due to the following reasons:

  •  My dearest soul and mother (biological & life-giving) passed away in 1969 when I was studying in the first year of my Masters Degree in Economics at Loyola College, Chennai.

  •  I am the eldest child of my parents having six children.  

  •  My father was a spendthrift wasting his resources for relatives and others. 

  •  I hated to depend on others for my living in this birth.
 I believe in karma and its result. One meets the result of his action in this birth itself. He doesn’t have to wait for hell or heaven after death for his own deeds or misdeeds. I believe in hard work and enjoy its fruits. I never waste my precious time in any gossip or fruitless discussion or entertainment at the cost of other living beings – humans or beasts.
I realize the importance of the Creator of this universe, the Nature and its benevolent & destructive powers. We are at the mercy of that Nature / God. Every action of mine is being guided by some supreme power  I feel - sometimes much against my will and desire. Lives of thousands and thousands of flora and fauna including humans have a purpose behind and a pattern to follow &  disappear after finishing their role on this planet. Nothing is permanent and ever-lasting – name, fame and fortune of the human beings.



No comments:

Post a Comment